Pages

zondag 21 augustus 2011

Budapest and Prague

Last week, I went to the ICPS 2011 in Budapest. ICPS stands for International Conference of Physics Students and basically it is a week filled with (student) lectures and parties. I am in the organizing committee of next year's ICPS, so we (the commitee) went to this year's ICPS to learn about organizing this event. We decided to go to Budapest by train, so we spent 17 hours getting there and decided we wanted to spend a little extra time in a cool city somewhere in Europe. (We bought a train ticket that was valid for 10 days, so travelling there was free.) We decided to go to Prague, since it is a beautiful city and one of us had never been there. Anyway, I managed to take some pictures of beautiful buildings and friendly strangers. Enjoy..

Everytime I see a cyclist in a country different from my own, I realize how lucky I am . We have proper cycling lanes, cycling streets and even cycling highways :)


A stranger next to the castle in Prague, the light was lovely.

The church, which has lovely glass-in-lead windows.



Prague by night is lovely, the whole city is beautifully lit and there are people everywhere.


There are cute restaurants everywhere, and, best of all, they are really cheap!




Budapest is lovely as well. I love cities with a big river in he middle, or cities that are surrounded with water.


I literally stood here for a long time, just taking in this beautiful sight.

There were people taking there wedding pictures everywhere and that made me so happy. I hope to be a wedding photographer one day.



Everything was hulled in darkness, which gave the city a real powerful look.



street musicians <3








lalala I take creepy pictures of strangers sitting on benches troughout the city.





Love,

Iris

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten