Pages

woensdag 3 augustus 2011

Australia part 4 of many

And finally, another Australia post. I hope I will enjoy blogging again once I am up to date and it is not this outdated anymore.

So, I have been busy doing not much at all lately, to be honest. But that's okay. I am just spending my time relaxing, having fun, enjoying life.


This is the last post! These pictures are all taken in my final week in Australia.


We went to Fraser Island, which is a big ( I believe it is the biggest) sand island. The ground consists of pure sand and there are six(!) different ecosystems that can be found on this island. It is so pretty, with it's unique nature and sand filtering. Wow.
There are a lot of dingoes on Fraser Island. They are actually quite dangerous, so when we spotted one, we all had to get back to the van. 

Okay, this is a random bokeh shot lalala but I just love my 50mm lens.

The wood, had this beautiful, deep red, color. 

This is a stupid picture.

There were these giant ferns everywhere. They made me think of the age of dinosaurs, because plants were really big then as well.

We did this beautiful walk over a boardwalk and we saw a really small river which had crystal clear water running trough it.

As you can see, the island is based on sand.


We sat in this really cool 4wd-bus:)

A shipwreck:) Always cool!

This is Eli Creek, a beautiful creek filled with drinkable water.

Look how pretty and soft the colors were, gash

There were loads of other tourists as well. 

A dingo!!!!


The next day (at least, I think it was the next day), Erik and I woke up really early to see the sunrise. We parked our camper almost directly at the beach, so we could just walk there and it was soo pretty. I love the beach:) I think I definitely want a small beach house later on.






The rest of that day, we spent lying around on the beach. It wasn't actually super warm, and it was clouded, but I still got sunburn. 








This was a super curious duck that came right up to our camper, begging for some food;)

Erik and I went canoeing in this beautiful swamp. It was extremely quiet and the water was like a mirror. The water was so smooth it was actually hard to navigate, because it was almost impossible to see what was real and what was just a reflection.





Two days before I had to fly home, we went to Underwater World, which was really cool. I love musea and learning:)


Look! This is the cutest animal ever. It is a sea dragon. Yes, a sea DRAGON! Not a seahorse, a sea dragon.




The last day, we spent wandering around Brisbane, exploring the city. It was so weird, knowing this was my last day there. Still, when I think of it know, I find it hard to grasp everything. I saw so much, learned so much, experienced so much. Just awesome!



There are quite a lot of street artists in Brisbane.

Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Look how flat Holland is!)


Love, 

Iris

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten